Excitement, excitement, excitement. I’ve been given not one, but TWO Stylish Blogger awards from two stylish bloggers: Kerry from Kestrel Finds and Makes and Lauren from Tea and Crumpets. Kerry is a fellow fan of Colette patterns and has made some lovely interpretations of these gorgeous patterns. Lauren is a 1940’s aficionado with a very stylish retro look.
Thank you so much to both of you, I’m extremely flattered. The recipient of the award must list seven facts about themselves that readers may not know and nominate seven other stylish bloggers to receive the award. So brace yourselves….
1. Up until the age of eight, I lived with my grandparents. Heavily influenced by my Nan’s TV watching schedule, I have an excellent working knowledge of 1970’s light entertainment and American detective shows. As a result, my favourite game to play with my cousin when I was little was Ironsides, using my doll’s pram as a wheelchair. My girlhood heart throbs? Why Michael Douglas from The Streets of San Francisco and Tim Brooke-Taylor from The Goodies of course!
2. I adore reading and would do it all day, every day, if I was allowed. I can’t imagine a life without books - to me, it’s as essential as breathing. My favourite book is A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving which I LOVE LOVE LOVE, I’ll read anything (apart from science fantasy) and twitch if I haven’t got a book on the go.
3. I love the colour red (though you wouldn’t immediately guess that from the amount of navy and grey clothes I’ve made!) I even got married in a long, red dress and red shoes.
4. I'm utterly sentimental about everything - even more so since I've had children - and cry at the drop of a hat. I bawled my head off all the way through my wedding service (and we only had a simple ceremony in a registry office) and had to be virtually carried out of the cinema after seeing The English Patient and then again after Brokeback Mountain. A complete and utter wuss.
5. I can juggle. Whilst sharing a house with a hippy type during my first summer at university I was bored one day, so he taught me to juggle. It’s gained me massive brownie points with my own children and anybody else’s children I happen to be babysitting. Just whip out two oranges and an apple and do a few minutes’ juggling - I guarantee they’ll hero-worship you for ever after.
6. I sleep like a log. I slept through the 1987 hurricane, even when the room next to mine had its window blasted through.
7. I have a tattoo of Tintin on my right shoulder, which I had done when I was 18. My then boyfriend and I were big Tintin fans and it seemed like a cool thing to do at the time….
I’d like to pass this award on to seven stylish bloggers (in no particular order). All seven write very different blogs and I very much enjoy reading them all:
Kate at M is for make
Karen at Did You Make That?
Suzy at Suzysewing
Marie at A Sewing Odyssey
Carly at carly makes stuff
Portia at Miss P
Karen at Blueberry Park
Have a lovely weekend. x